The party and the festive season are almost upon us. This is that time of the year when we meet loads of people and look forward to dressing up in our best. One thing that we all want is to look different from the rest and make the perfect style statement.
One of the best ways to do this is by styling your jewellery well. Here are some ways that will make you steal the limelight at the next party and get your year-end festive fashion right:
- Define the focus: Know your best feature and use jewellery to get people’s attention to it. If you have beautiful hands, you can opt for a bold cocktail ring and some sleek midi rings. If you have a toned flat stomach, why not accentuate it with a saree belt or a sleek kamarband? Those with sharp collarbones must wear statement necklaces to being people’s gaze to their neck. Just ensure that the focal point should be accessorised with bold pieces and the rest of the jewellery should be subtle.
- Jewellery or the dress: Ideally, you should focus your jewellery around the dress and not vice versa. If your outfit is simple, transform it into something extraordinary with statement jewellery pieces. If your outfit is bold, subtle jewellery is the best way to go. Your outfit colours also matter. Monotones and sober coloured dresses go best with pearls while bright colours match well with simple and sleek gold or gemstone jewellery.
- Necklaces: Your neckline must be considered before you decide on a necklace for it to make a great visual impact. For example, a turtleneck goes the best with a long chain, scoop & cowl necks and collared dresses go well with shorter chains and chunkier pendants, and a choker looks the best on a strapless dress.
- Earrings: To create a fabulous look, you need to consider a few other things too. Things like your hairstyle and face shape also play a major role. If you have short hair, go for small or medium-sized earrings. If you have long hair, opt for long earrings for them to be visible. If you have a round face, choose long drop earrings or danglers. Those with a rectangular face should opt for studs and cluster earrings while those with oval-shaped faces can choose any style. Check out this site for the latest in-season earring designs.
- Layer up: Whether it’s your bangles, rings, or neckpieces, layering is super fun. Right from lengths, shapes, colours, and textures, you can experiment with so much and create an amazing look for yourself. When you are layering your necklaces, pair them in different lengths to create a depth effect. Rings too can be matched and stacked in different combinations. Don’t forget to try on some midi rings. Find out more about the latest ring styles here. If you have multiple ear piercings, pair up studs and drop earrings.
- Choose unique styles: Parties and get-togethers are a time when you can go all out with your bold statement pieces. The list of such ethereal pieces is endless. You can borrow your mom’s vintage pieces like an antique choker, heavy jhumkis, or a layered diamond necklace. For a more unique style, choose some stunning south Indian jewellery pieces like a pearl haram, an armband in temple style, or a dainty coin necklace. To stand out from the crowds, you can also opt for hair accessories like antique hairpins or maang tikkas.
Just go with these basic tips to look your best this festive season. Never miss experimenting to know what looks the best on you.