Creating a tapestry is an excellent way to create personal or even professional designs. Many people create tapestries for their homes, creating them with famous quotes or family photos. Tapestry making can also be used with specific inspiration in mind. For example, this article shows you how to create a specific design by using collage methods with found materials.
I think this line is too wordy and doesn’t add any new info; I would create a new paragraph here that has the same info as below
Collage is a method of using found materials to create a design or pattern (Blank). This allows the collaged individual to create art with things they find around their house, like torn pieces of paper and magazine clippings. Collages can also be made by cutting photos from magazines and placing them in an arrangement to create an emotional response or even create meaning (Holland). In this specific article, we will be creating a tapestry based on one specific photo found in a magazine, which will create both personal and professional meaning.
A tapestry is typically hung on the wall as either decoration or inspiration (Grace). Tapestries can be created using specific techniques to create a pattern or design that is unified throughout the entire piece. Similar to collage, these patterns are usually made up of found materials and create a beautiful final product with a unique story behind it. In this article, we will create a tapestry based on an image from a magazine with specific techniques used to create a unified whole out of various pieces of paper and clippings from magazines. This line doesn’t add new info so I would create another paragraph here
Materials: I don’t think this sentence needs to be capitalized
For this project you will need:
Tapestry or frame (we will be creating a 12″x12″ tapestry)
- Paint or markers in various colors
- Glue gun and sticks
- Magazine with the desired photo
Creating the Tapestry:
- Begin by finding an image in a magazine that speaks to you on a personal or professional level. The image can be anything from a nature scene, to a portrait, to a famous quote.
- Once you have chosen your image, cut it out of the magazine using scissors. Try to cut as close to the edge of the image as possible so that there is minimal white space.
- Next, create a grid by drawing lines vertically and horizontally that create 1″ squares. Make sure to do this on top of your tapestry or frame which you will be using so that it is centered (Grace). You can now place the image inside the grid, lining up the edges with the lines in the tapestry canvas (Holland). This allows for accuracy when placing pieces of paper within the tapestry because it ensures they are evenly placed across the entire piece (Blank).
- Once your design is laid out, begin creating your background first. Place glue around all four corners of one side of the image and adhere them back to back. Repeat this step until all 4 corners of the image are glued together (Holland). This will create a solid background for your tapestry.
- Now it is time to start adding in the smaller pieces of paper. Cut out various shapes and sizes from magazines and glue them onto the tapestry in any desired pattern. Make sure that you leave some white space between each piece of paper for variation (Grace).
- Once all of your smaller pieces are in place, finish off the design by adding any final details like paint or markers.
Your tapestry is now complete! Hang it on a wall in your home or office as a source of inspiration or decoration.
The final product:
The finished tapestry was created using collage and tapestry techniques. The image used was a nature scene with mountains in the background.
The process of creating a tapestry can be extremely rewarding, as it allows for a certain level of creativity and personalization that is not found in other forms of art. By using images from magazines, you can create a piece that is unique to you and has meaning beyond just the individual pictures themselves. In addition, the tapestry-making process can be therapeutic, as it allows for time to be spent creatively and meditatively manipulating pieces of paper into a unified whole. The end result is a beautiful piece of art that can be enjoyed by you and those who see it for years to come. New paragraph here with different info on tapestries.
Tapestries are a form of art that has been around for centuries. They are typically created using specific techniques to create a pattern or design that is unified throughout the entire piece. Similar to collage, these patterns are usually made up of found materials and create a beautiful final product with a unique story behind it. In this article, we will create a tapestry based on an image from a magazine with specific techniques used to create a unified whole out of various pieces of paper and clippings from magazines